Saturday 18 December 2010

Dear Hastings Borough Council

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have recently become a little distressed about the weather. The aforementioned distressing weather has resulted in many an hour walking to and from work, wondering how I can make a difference.

Unfortunately, no ideas have materialised during my solitary rambles, possibly because I have been spending most of the time deftly jumping out of the way of cars that have been sliding in my general direction. I have no evidence that these incidents have been intended maliciously.

However; this morning, I washed and dried my hair. Nothing unusual about this, as I have an image to uphold. Whilst I used my hairdryer, my frozen fingers began to thaw, leading me to happen upon an interesting train of thought:

Ice + hairdryer = thaw.

Why salt? It would not even occur to me to put salt upon my frozen digits, in fact, I feel it would be a little pointless. It is at this point that I would like to share my wisdom. Why haven’t the council invested in a large industrial strength hairdryer? The ice would melt and the cars would be able to safely navigate the (currently) treacherous roads.

I, for one, would be happy to hold it.

If there are any profits stemming from my idea, I would ask for only ten percent. I am quite laid back, with a great sense of humour, therefore would make a stunning business partner.

Just an idea, your thoughts please.


Karina Evans 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment